Organizations Can Now Gain Real-Time, Scalable Message Processing with No-Code Machine Learning, Actionable Insights and Real-Time Visualization for Azure Digital Twins
BELLEVUE, Wash.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–ScaleOut Software today announced major extensions to the ScaleOut Digital Twin Streaming Service™ that integrate its Azure-based in-memory computing platform with Microsoft’s Azure Digital Twins cloud service. This integration adds key new capabilities for real-time analytics to Azure Digital Twins and unlocks important new use cases in a variety of applications, such as predictive maintenance, logistics, telematics, disaster recovery, cyber and physical security, health-device tracking, IoT, smart cities, financial services, and ecommerce.
The new ScaleOut Azure Digital Twins Integration is a set of extensions to the ScaleOut Digital Twin Streaming Service which adds a real-time component to Azure digital twin models. With this integration, ScaleOut Software’s real-time components can perform low-latency message ingestion and processing with immediate access to their corresponding Azure digital twin’s properties instead of requiring Azure serverless functions to perform these functions. In addition, the ScaleOut Digital Twin Streaming Service provides real-time data aggregation, continuous query, and real-time visualization for Azure digital twin properties.
Key capabilities include:
- Fast, In-Memory Processing and State Storage: Integrating ScaleOut’s real-time components enables Azure digital twins to leverage in-memory computing and perform message processing with lower latency and faster access to state information than serverless functions. In-memory computing also boosts scalability to handle thousands or even millions of data sources.
- Integrated Connectivity to Azure IoT Hub: The ScaleOut Digital Twin Streaming Service connects directly with Azure IoT Hub (and other message hubs) using a scalable software architecture for message ingestion and replies.
- APIs for Accessing Azure Digital Twin Properties: ScaleOut’s real-time components incorporate APIs that can read and update state properties in Azure digital twin instances. They also make it possible for Azure digital twins to store complex data structures, such as event lists.
- New Real-Time Visualization Tools: The ScaleOut Azure Digital Twins Integration also enables continuous data aggregation and charting of state properties held in Azure Digital Twin instances. Users can now also perform continuous queries with geospatial visualization.
“We are excited to combine our in-memory computing technology with the popular Azure Digital Twins platform to deliver fast, scalable insights that help address real-time challenges across industries,” said Dr. William Bain, ScaleOut Software’s CEO and founder. “By incorporating this technology, ScaleOut Software is enabling a new wave of applications for Azure Digital Twins, and we look forward to helping our customers take full advantage of this integration to meet their real-time monitoring and streaming analytics capabilities.”
Benefits of ScaleOut Software’s Azure Digital Twins Integration
Adding real-time components to Azure digital twin models offers these key benefits:
- New Use Cases for Azure Digital Twins: This integration widens the spectrum of use cases for Azure Digital Twins. Countless applications, from telematics to cyber security, must track thousands of data sources with low latency and react quickly to emerging issues. They can now use ScaleOut’s real-time components to accomplish this with their Azure Digital Twins models.
- Enhanced Situational Awareness: Real-time data aggregation and visualization provided by ScaleOut’s real-time components provides a continuous view of the dynamic state of Azure digital twin instances. This maximizes situational awareness and enables managers to quickly identify and address emerging issues.
- Integrated Data View: The ScaleOut Azure Digital Twins integration seamlessly combines state properties for real-time components with other properties tracked by Azure digital twins, giving users a unified view of all data when using the Azure Digital Twins Explorer GUI tool.
- Simplified Application Development: The use of ScaleOut’s real-time components simplifies application development for message processing and accessing an Azure digital twin’s state. It also consolidates the code required by multiple serverless functions and avoids the need for application-specific code for message ingestion from Azure IoT Hub.
- Automatic Persistence: By integrating with Azure Digital Twins, ScaleOut’s real-time components automatically persist their state to Azure Digital Twins for offline storage. This enables them to run at fast, in-memory speed while saving and restoring their state across deployments on start up.
About ScaleOut Software
Founded in 2003, ScaleOut Software develops leading-edge software that delivers scalable, highly available, in-memory computing and streaming analytics technologies to a wide range of industries. ScaleOut Software’s in-memory computing platform enables operational intelligence by storing, updating, and analyzing fast-changing, live data so that businesses can capture perishable opportunities before the moment is lost. It has offices in Bellevue, Washington and Beaverton, Oregon.
RH Strategic for ScaleOut Software