NETGEAR Introduces Tri-band WiFi 6E Access Point Targeting Small and Medium Businesses
SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–NETGEAR®, Inc. (NASDAQ: NTGR), the leading provider of networking products that power businesses both large and small, today announced the availability of the first tri-band, business-grade WiFi 6E product with cloud management for small and medium businesses (SMBs), the Insight Managed Tri-band AXE7800 Wireless Access Point (WAX630E). The addition of WiFi 6E makes NETGEAR’s latest offering one of the most powerful WiFi solutions for SMBs everywhere.
WiFi speeds on laptops and cellular phones have been significantly upgraded in the last couple of years with the introduction of the WiFi 6 and 6E standards. This trend combined with the growing number of network-attached devices has forced SMBs to upgrade their WiFi networks to improve performance and spectrum efficiency and enhance throughput. The WAX630E addresses each of these demands through a rich WiFi 6 feature set including wired and wireless mesh while also supporting the new wider 6GHz WiFi band. With the introduction of the WAX630E NETGEAR is helping to pave the way for a new generation of connectivity for small and medium businesses and Managed Service Providers.
“ISPs are now offering multi-gig speeds to their business customers. Simultaneously, client devices such as the latest Samsung Galaxy, Google Pixel smart phones and several new personal computer systems from leading manufacturers are supporting WiFi 6E. This combination makes it an imperative for businesses to at least double the connection speeds for their underlying WiFi systems,” said Doug Cheung, Director of Product Line Management, SMB Wireless at NETGEAR. “The WAX630E will enable businesses to improve the bandwidth of their WiFi network by up to 2.5 times.”
The WAX630E features a tri-band mesh design that takes advantage of the latest WiFi 6E technologies, such as 160MHz WiFi channels on both 5GHz and 6GHz bands, and bi-directional MU-MIMO. Altogether, the WAX630E achieves a blazing fast throughput of up to 7.8Gbps, making it possible for client devices to have uncongested connections and ultra-fast internet upload and download speeds.
The WAX630E is managed by NETGEAR Insight or Insight Pro which provide centralized, remote, real-time cloud management and control, with no need for extra hardware. Insight and Insight Pro enable wired and wireless backhaul architecture for the most efficient deployments, either with or without ethernet cables linking up some or all the access points in a mesh WiFi 6/6E network. Insight Pro is an ideal choice for Managed Service Providers who can use it to support multiple customers, many with distributed locations.
For optimal performance, NETGEAR recommends the WAX630E be paired with NETGEAR’s Ultra60 PoE++ Multi-Gigabit Ethernet Plus Switch (MS108EUP), announced earlier this year.
In an increasingly connected and digital business environment, security has never been more important for small business owners. In fact, 43% of cyberattacks target small businesses, forcing owners to place added emphasis on how they protect their sensitive data, financials and customer information. Furthermore, with remote work here to stay, equipping employees with reliable WiFi security both in the office and home-office location is now an imperative. To answer these needs, NETGEAR’s new WAX630E access point provides enterprise-level security without the need for an enterprise IT budget. Business owners can easily configure and maintain the security of their network.
WAX630E security benefits include:
- WPA3 for the highest level of WiFi connection security;
- Eight individual wireless networks (SSIDs) can be used for administration, employees, guests and IoT devices (WiFi surveillance cameras, thermostats, door locks and sensors); and
- Multiple VLANs for greater network separation and segregation between admin network, employee, visitor, HR, Finance, etc.
Key Features of WAX630E:
- New 6GHz Band –– WAX630E offers many features and capabilities of WiFi 6 access points, including higher performance, lower latency, and faster data rates and supports WiFi 6E on the new wider 6GHz WiFi band
- Ultra-Low Latency — Extends into the new 6 GHz band bringing 14 additional 80 MHZ channels for expanded spectrum capacity and less congestion thereby lower latency
- WiFi Speed of up to 7.8Gbps ––Tri-Band WiFi with combined wireless speeds of up to 7.8Gbps (0.6+4.8+2.4 Gbps)
- 8-Streams Tri-Band WiFi — 8 WiFi streams (two streams of 6GHz, four streams of 5GHz, and two streams of 2.4GHz) means more available bandwidth and less congestion for all devices on WiFi
- Multi-Gigabit Speed with PoE — Includes a 2.5 Gbps Ethernet port with PoE++ for high speed and easy wiring. An additional 1 Gbps Ethernet port is included for wired extension to a WiFi access point. Ideal switches to power WAX630E are GSM4210P, MS510TXPP, MS510TXUP and MS108EUP.
- Easy Installation — Easily configured and deployed with NETGEAR Insight or through the device GUI
- Remote Management — Remote Cloud monitoring and management with NETGEAR Insight for single pane of glass management of all your Insight Managed devices. 1-Year Insight subscription included. Insight Pro is available for multi instance network management for managed service providers.
- 8 Secure Wireless Networks (SSIDs) — Separate VLANs and WPA3 makes WAX630E the ideal network configuration for SMBs for security and manageability
- Separate VLANs — Separate networks to keep admin, employee, visitor, HR, Finance department networks securely separated from each other
- Future Proof — Compatible with all the new and upcoming WiFi 6E devices and backward compatible with WiFi 6, WiFi 5 and earlier generation devices
The NETGEAR® Insight Managed WiFi 6E AXE7800 Tri-Band Access Point (WAX630E) are available in two models on NETGEAR.com.
- WAX630 E-100NAS: $349.99
- WAX630EP-100NAS: $369.99 (includes power adapter)
About NETGEAR, Inc.
NETGEAR® (NASDAQ: NTGR) has pioneered advanced networking technologies for homes, businesses, and service providers around the world since 1996 and leads the industry with a broad range of award-winning products designed to simplify and improve people’s lives. By enabling people to collaborate and connect to a world of information and entertainment, NETGEAR is dedicated to delivering innovative and advanced connected solutions ranging from mobile and cloud-based services for enhanced control and security, to smart networking products, video over Ethernet for Pro AV applications, easy-to-use WiFi solutions and performance gaming routers to enhance online game play. The company is headquartered out of San Jose, Calif. with offices located around the globe. More information is available from the NETGEAR Investor Page or by calling (408) 907-8000. Connect with NETGEAR: Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and the NETGEAR blog at NETGEAR.com.
U.S. Media Contact:
U.S. Sales Inquiries: (408) 907-8000, [email protected]