Investors are taking note of incubator birthing breakthrough technology in healthcare, sustainability, and consumer products, all in the region named one of the top 3 U.S. Opportunity Zones
PROVO, Utah–(BUSINESS WIRE)–On February 15, 1955, H. Tracy Hall stunned the world by creating the first man-made diamond. He went on to make many more discoveries. His legacy of innovation is still carrying on by his son David and grandson Michael at the 130-acre Hall Labs campus in Provo, Utah.
“My father taught me good science is also good business,” said David Hall, Hall Labs managing director. “It is extremely satisfying to see an idea go from a light in your head into something meaningful in your business or home.”
Modeled after the famed Edison Labs in Menlo Park, New Jersey, Hall Labs has 25-plus companies, more than 200 engineers, scientists and specialists; and has more than 1,100 patents and applications in healthcare, sustainability, consumer products, construction materials, and more.
Hall Labs has also perfected a business model that has produced more than $650 million in companies sold so far. The campus has all of the resources needed to take a new technology from start to finish: from funding, research and development to sales and marketing.
On the 64th anniversary of the first man-made diamond, the management team at Hall Venture Partners (HVP) is advancing Hall Opportunity Fund 1, its first tax-advantaged venture fund allowing investors to participate in companies developed at Hall Labs.
The following are examples of the companies coming forward as potential investment candidates within the HVP fund:
- Medic – Creator of the Medic Lav, a smart toilet using artificial intelligence to passively collect more than 20 health indicators at each bathroom visit.
- MySmartBlinds – Offers blinds, shades, and window devices that can be controlled by a smart phone and automatically adjust through built-in sensors.
- Bacon – Considered the “Uber” of shift jobs, the Bacon Work app allows employers and employees to connect for hourly jobs.
- GarageSmart – Provides various solutions for your garage, such as an easy way to use your smartphone to lift and store objects in your garage, as well as lifting your garage door.
- Sure-Fi – Creator of the world’s first radio designed to reliably connect through heavy obstructions, over long distances, and other demanding applications.
- RelChip – Manufacturer of integrated circuit solutions for extreme environments, such as automotive, geothermal, utilities, aerospace, oil and gas.
- Comfort Wall – Creator of heating and cooling panels using radiant energy, tech-infused technology to either fill the gap in poorly heated/cooled spaces or totally replace traditional HVAC.
- Hall Logic – Developer of sensor fusion technology for the automotive industry.
- Vanderhall – Manufacturer of three-wheeled roadsters or auto-cycles.
- Adaptive – Creator of building blocks that can adapt walls, ceilings, floors, heating and cooling so a space can be utilized in innumerable different ways 24/7.
- Utility – Inventor and manufacturer of high-efficient fuel cells for businesses and homes that can produce electricity, heating, cooling, and water with zero emissions.
“Hall Labs is always looking for ways to transform technology and lives,” said Michael Hall, David’s son and also a Hall Labs managing director. “I am excited to see what our model of business can bring forward over the next 64 years.”
About Hall Labs
Hall Labs brings together a team of innovators—scientists and engineers—at a modern, state-of-the-art campus located on a rehabilitated former steel mill site in Provo, Utah. The labs are tackling some of the world’s most challenging problems ranging from sustainability to personal transportation. “In an IoT world, we are the T, or the things of the internet.” Hall Labs and its portfolio of companies is located within the Provo Opportunity Zone, identified as one of the nation’s top three “opportunity zone” clusters and gaining a reputation as the next Silicon Valley. For more information visit www.halllabs.com.