Armis Enhances its Cybersecurity Asset Attack Surface Management (CAASM) Solution
New functionality will enable organizations to better identify gaps in security controls, prepare compliance reporting and audits, identify technical debt and enhance their CMDBs
SAN FRANCISCO–(BUSINESS WIRE)–Armis, the leading asset visibility and security company, today announced it has enhanced features of its Cybersecurity Asset Attack Surface Management (CAASM) Solution giving security teams’ abilities to overcome asset visibility and exposure challenges. Security teams will be able to improve their overall security position by ensuring security controls, security posture, and asset exposure are understood and remediated.
The proliferation of assets across organizations has increased the need for better visibility but unfortunately, management of those assets is usually performed using multiple IT and security solutions. The “great silo-ization” of legacy tools means a fragmented landscape, with neither complete visibility nor a single source of trusted information. And that means IT and security teams struggle to understand what assets they truly have and therefore the level of exposure and risk —and to ensure policies are properly enforced, risk is managed, and assets are protected.
“CAASM is the first step on the path to a complete attack surface management strategy so organizations must be asset centric – focused on gain full visibility and asset context of the landscape, crucial for vulnerability management, threat detection and compliance assessment,” said Dana Gilboa, Executive Vice President, Product Management. “Armis is the only solution for a holistic attack surface management strategy which provides organizations with a complete, unified, authoritative and rich inventory for all assets, software and hardware, across all device types including IT, virtual, OT, IoMT, IoT and cloud.”
Armis has enhanced the capabilities of its platform so that organizations can identify gaps in security controls, prepare compliance reporting and audits, identify technical debt and enhance their CMDBs. Customers have access to:
- Accurate Inventory – Armis unified asset inventory enables data to be consolidated from multiple sources to reflect real life environments, asset to asset. It also allows accurate classification of the different assets, so it can easily differentiate between servers, personal computers, mobiles, and others.
- Deep Asset Context – Each asset has advanced information that is pulled from different tools, including the user of the asset, its business applications, any software applications running on it, dependency mapping, and much more.
- Endless Integrations – Hundreds of integrations with existing tools – EDRs, vulnerability scanners, Cloud Services, CMDBs, MDMs, Identity Providers, and many more. Specifically, our partnership with ServiceNow allows rapid connection to the biggest CMDB, with capabilities of pulling and pushing data between the platforms.
- Advanced Trending and Benchmarking Capabilities – The platform now allows organizations to set their own security standards and easily see over time trends, to make sure project goals are met.
- Out of the box reporting and dashboarding – Pre-built reports and dashboards designed for the most critical needs can now be set in seconds, used for executive reporting as well as everyday consumption.
- Short Time to Value – As the inventory is the basis to so many security problems, the Armis Cybersecurity Asset Management platform is easy to use so organizations can get from zero to full value in minutes. Utilizing easy deployment interfaces, the Armis Value Packs, and the improved console navigation, it’s now the fastest route to see all your assets.
- Configurable User Access – Understanding that Armis Cybersecurity Asset Management is a tool that can be used by several security teams and use cases, you can now configure access and permission to all teams in your organization
Armis was recognized as a Sample Vendor in the CAASM category and CPS Security category in the Gartner® Hype Cycle™ for Security Operations, 2022, by Andrew Davies. For a complimentary copy of the report visit: https://www.armis.com/analyst-reports/gartner-report-hype-cycle-for-security-operations/
For more information about our CAASM offering please visit: https://www.armis.com/solutions/cybersecurity-asset-management/
Gartner, Hype Cycle for Security Operations, 2022, 5 July 2022, Andrew Davies
GARTNER is a registered trademarks and service mark, and MAGIC QUADRANT is a registered trademark of Gartner, Inc. and/or its affiliates in the U.S. and internationally and are used herein with permission. All rights reserved. Gartner does not endorse any vendor, product or service depicted in its research publications, and does not advise technology users to select only those vendors with the highest ratings or other designation. Gartner research publications consist of the opinions of Gartner’s research organization and should not be construed as statements of fact. Gartner disclaims all warranties, expressed or implied, with respect to this research, including any warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose.
Armis, the leading asset visibility and security company, provides the industry’s first unified asset intelligence platform designed to address the new extended attack surface that connected assets create. Fortune 100 companies trust our real-time and continuous protection to see with full context all managed, unmanaged assets across IT, cloud, IoT devices, medical devices (IoMT), operational technology (OT), industrial control systems (ICS), and 5G. Armis provides passive cyber asset management, risk management, and automated enforcement. Armis is a privately held company and headquartered in California.
Senior Director, Global Communications,