SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#DisplayWeek–SigmaSense® today announced plans for public demonstration of previously impossible touch sensing functionality at SID Display Week 2022, Booth #1140, San Jose, CA. SigmaSense patented invention uses current and frequency-based sensing to radically redefine interactive displays, continuously capturing insights that transforms how the physical world interacts with digital systems.
SigmaSense will showcase a range of breakthrough sensing features that enable previously unimaginable user experiences for mobile devices, digital signage, AV, automotive cockpit, POV, and industrial applications where the company has been engaged with early adopter customers and partners during the last 12 months.
Featured Demos: Previously Impossible Experiences
The SigmaSense booth will feature demonstrations that open doors to a new universe of design choices for display product creators innovating creative options for new user experiences.
- Redefined sensor fusion and channel sharing with a single controller. Enables simultaneous operation of touch display area, buttons, sliders and/or dials, replacing mechanical switches with functions on the edge, top or backside of a device. Sensors can now share multiple channels, and reuse of channels, with software definition of multiple sensing functions via a programmable touch controller.
- Unprecedented edge sensing for edge-based buttons, eliminating bezels. Bezel-less solution for touch panels using PEDOT sensors with SigmaSense touch control delivering reliable high performance touch edge to edge, and over the edge. Enables accurate sensing over curved and rounded edges for OLEDs, and ideal for laptops, tablets, and phones.
- Impossible accuracy for physical buttons, sliders, and dials on touch surfaces. Add actuators/buttons with perfect operation of the touch surface using a single touch controller. Ideal to customize user experience where physical touch feedback is key.
- Redefined thin for foldable OLED designs with durable PEDOT high optical quality solution. Reliable touch operation on a flexible sensor that is foldable. Touch operation without degradation at the folding point (crease) while in folded position, as well as when the touch sensor is folded.
- Inventive multi-user touch ID with independent interactions for touch, hover, and presence operation. Industry first for user differentiation on a touch panel, ideal for applications such as identifying drivers vs. passengers in the automotive cockpit or players on a multiplayer gameboard.
SigmaSense is redefining sensing with a programmable and adaptive approach that provides a more responsive and accurate link between digital systems and the dynamically changing physical world. AI based systems that focus on user experience require more sensing data with better accuracy. SigmaSense is leading the industry with faster, more efficient solutions. In 2021, SigmaSense was awarded SID Display Week Display Component of the Year Award for its first product, an innovative large screen touch controller, the SDC100.
SigmaSense leads a fundamental technology transformation of the interaction between digital systems and the physical world, ushering in a new era of radically enhanced digital sensing. SigmaSense software defined sensing achieves breakthrough levels of speed, accuracy, resolution, and noise immunity previously deemed impossible. Sensing through the noise, SigmaSense increases the depth and quantity of data and insights that can be captured from the physical world to enable exciting new experiences and capabilities in a wide range of devices including automotive, mobile, and industrial IoT touch displays. SigmaSense is funded by strategic investors including Foxconn, LG-MRI, E ink, Corning, and GIS. SigmaSense is headquartered in Austin, TX, with offices in Boise, Idaho and Taipei, Taiwan.
Copyright 2022 ©
SigmaSense, the SigmaSense logo, and other designated brands included herein are trademarks or registered trademarks of SigmaSense in the United States and other countries. All other brand and product names are trademarks or service marks of their respective owners.