DUBLIN–(BUSINESS WIRE)–The “Connected Care in North America – 2nd Edition” report has been added to ResearchAndMarkets.com’s offering.
Report Says 31 Million North Americans Used Connected Care Solutions in 2022
How should the mobile industry address the vast business opportunity in the connected care market? The analyst forecasts that the number of cellular connections in the connected care market in North America will increase from 19.6 million in 2021 to more than 36.6 million in 2027. Learn more about how wireless technology can become seamlessly integrated with a medical alert, connected medication management and remote patient monitoring (RPM) solutions in this 145 page in-depth report.
This report has found that around 30.7 million people in North America were using connected care solutions at the end of 2022. The figure refers to users of medical alert systems, connected medication management solutions and remote patient monitoring (RPM) solutions in Canada and the US. RPM is the largest segment of the connected care market with a total of 28.3 million users at the end of 2022.
The market for medical alert systems is considerably smaller with an estimated total of 4.4 million users, whereas the number of connected medication management users reached 1.8 million users at the end of 2022. There is an overlap between the market segments as medical alert users can also be equipped with a medication management solution or an RPM solution, and vice versa. The market is forecasted to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 15.4 percent during the next five years to reach 62.7 million connected care users by 2027.
The market is forecasted to grow at a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 18.3 percent during the next six years to reach 49.4 million connected care users by 2024. The leading use cases for RPM have thus far been sleep therapy monitoring. Patients that suffer from sleep-disordered breathing such as obstructive sleep apnea are typically prescribed an airflow generator, including continuous positive airway pressure, bilevel positive airway pressure and automatic positive airway pressure devices. However, many patients find the devices unpleasant to use and poor compliance is common. Payers are increasingly requiring that patients comply with their treatment plans to be reimbursed for the device which has driven equipment providers to connect the devices. ResMed is the largest player of connected airflow generators, partly thanks to the company’s decision to include a cellular IoT module as standard in its Air Solutions product family.
Key Market Trends
- An Ageing Population Increases Healthcare Expenditures
- The Sunset of 2G/3G Cellular Networks Have Driven Launches of 4G Devices
- Standalone Systems to Be Replaced by Platform Solutions
- Favourable Policies That Align Financial Incentives Are Driving RPM Adoption
- Covid-19 Became a Catalyst That Spurred RPM Adoption
- The Growth of Lightweight Solutions is Broadening the Market
- The Market for Connected Medication Management is Gaining Traction
- From Remote Patient Monitoring to Data-Driven Patient Engagement
- A Growing Market and New Entrants Lead to a Changing Market Landscape
- Convergence Between Medical Alert Systems and RPM Solutions
This report answers the following questions:
- Which are the main verticals within connected care?
- What are the main drivers of this market in North America?
- How many people are using connected care solutions in the US and Canada?
- What are the general technology trends for connected care products?
- Which are the leading medical alert system providers in North America?
- How will the connected care market evolve in the next six years?
- How are new reimbursement policies affecting the connected care market?
- What is the potential market size for cellular IoT connectivity?
Key Topics Covered:
1 Healthcare in North America
2 Medical Alert Solutions
3 Medication Management Solutions
4 Remote Patient Monitoring Solutions
5 Market Forecasts and Conclusions
- A&D Medical
- Aloe Care Health
- AMC Health
- Boston Scientific
- Care Innovations
- Climax Technology
- Compliance Meds Technologies
- Connect America
- Current Health
- Essence Group
- Fisher & Paykel Healthcare
- Get Real Health
- GTX Corp
- HandsFree Health
- Health Recovery Solutions (HRS)
- Hero Health
- Information Mediary Corporation
- Laipac Technology
- Lark Health
- Life Alert Emergency Response
- Lively (Best Buy)
- Medical Guardian
- Merck Group
- Nonin Medical
- Nortek Control
- Omada Health
- Omron Healthcare
- Propeller Health
- Raziel (Ideal Life)
- Spencer Health Solutions
- Vayyar Imaging
- Vivify Health
For more information about this report visit https://www.researchandmarkets.com/r/i84018
ResearchAndMarkets.com is the world’s leading source for international market research reports and market data. We provide you with the latest data on international and regional markets, key industries, the top companies, new products and the latest trends.
Laura Wood, Senior Press Manager
For E.S.T Office Hours Call 1-917-300-0470
For U.S./ CAN Toll Free Call 1-800-526-8630
For GMT Office Hours Call +353-1-416-8900