- New reference flow, validated using Samsung Foundry 8LPP process technology, is available on a wide range of nodes
- Comprehensive automotive reference flow includes digital implementation and signoff, verification and custom IC design suites, providing optimal PPA and a faster path to design closure
- Through the Cadence and Samsung Foundry collaboration, customers using the new flow can design with confidence knowing that their SoC designs meet automotive requirements for quality, reliability and safety
SAN JOSE, Calif.–(BUSINESS WIRE)–#EDA–Cadence Design Systems, Inc. (NASDAQ: CDNS) today announced that Samsung Foundry certified a new Cadence® reference flow for the creation of advanced-node automotive designs. Cadence and Samsung Foundry collaborated on the development of the reference design, which was validated using the Samsung Foundry 8nm Low-Power Plus (8LPP) process technology. The certified flow is available on a wide range of Samsung Foundry nodes and includes the Cadence digital implementation and signoff, verification and custom IC design suites, offering customers optimal power, performance and area (PPA) and a faster path to achieving automotive system-on-chip (SoC) safety, quality and reliability targets. For more information, customers can contact Samsung Foundry.
The certified Cadence automotive flow includes the following technologies:
- Digital and signoff suite, which enables the fastest turnaround time (TAT) and optimal design closure without expensive margins or iterations. Featuring the Innovus™ Implementation System, Genus™ Synthesis Solution, Modus DFT Software Solution, Tempus™ Timing Signoff Solution, Liberate™ Characterization Solution and the Voltus™ IC Power Integrity Solution, the complete RTL-to-GDSII full flow meets the requirements for automotive safety and reliability.
- Verification suite with automotive safety technology for fault campaigns, including Xcelium™ Parallel Logic Simulation and the JasperGold™ Formal Verification Platform, as well as the vManager Metric-Driven Signoff Platform, which provides a smooth transition from functional verification to an FMEDA-based flow for safety verification.
- Custom IC design suite featuring the Legato™ Reliability Solution, which combines the best-in-class Virtuoso® and Spectre® technologies to overcome design roadblocks and minimize failures in the field due to manufacturing defects, device aging, electromigration, process variation, and thermal and packaging effects.
“The investment between Samsung and Cadence on this automotive reference flow provides our customers with a complete solution for functional safety, reliability and quality,” said Jung Yun Choi, vice president of the Design Technology Team at Samsung Electronics. “The Cadence flow has been through extensive validation at Samsung Foundry. Through our collaborative work, our mutual customers can now adopt this high-performance flow with confidence to create innovative automotive applications on a wide range of process technologies.”
“Through our collaboration with Samsung Foundry and our focus on semiconductor design excellence across all aspects of the design and verification flow, we’re enabling our customers to deliver the next generation of automotive and safety-critical systems,” said Alessandra Nardi, automotive solution engineering group director at Cadence. “Samsung Foundry has confirmed, through certification, that our flow is ready for use, and we look forward to collaborating with customers using this new flow that is optimized for automotive designs.”
The Cadence automotive reference flow, including the digital and signoff, verification and custom IC design suites, provides customers with a faster path to design closure and better predictability. The reference flow supports the company’s Intelligent System Design™ strategy, facilitating advanced-node system-on-chip (SoC) design excellence for automotive applications. Furthermore, the Cadence tools in the automotive reference flow are included in automotive Functional Safety Documentation Kits, which have achieved the “Fit for Purpose – Tool Confidence Level 1 (TCL1)” certification, enabling automotive semiconductor manufacturers, OEMs and component suppliers to meet stringent ISO 26262 automotive safety requirements. For more information on the Cadence automotive solution, visit www.cadence.com/go/autospr.
Cadence enables electronic systems and semiconductor companies to create the innovative end products that are transforming the way people live, work and play. Cadence’s software, hardware and semiconductor IP are used by customers to deliver products to market faster. The company’s Intelligent System Design strategy helps customers develop differentiated products—from chips to boards to intelligent systems—in mobile, consumer, cloud, data center, automotive, aerospace, IoT, industrial and other market segments. Cadence is listed as one of Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to Work For. Learn more at cadence.com.
© 2019 Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All rights reserved worldwide. Cadence, the Cadence logo and the other Cadence marks found at www.cadence.com/go/trademarks are trademarks or registered trademarks of Cadence Design Systems, Inc. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.