Protect Your Bubble Shares Tips to Avoid a Ski Accident
January 16, 2013 -- !-- AddToAny BEGIN -->
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) January 16, 2013
Ski and snowboard season is in full swing and millions will be hitting the slopes this time of year. While winter sports like these are fun, they can be dangerous. Its important to know how to stay safe. To help consumers prepare, travel protection brand, Protect Your Bubble, shares a list of tips on how to avoid a ski accident.
1. Beginners should take lessons Its always advised that folks take the time to get special instruction before skiing or snowboarding. Its important to know how to maneuver down the slopes, how to balance, how to slow down and how to avoid falling.
2. Take is slow Speed demons, listen up: slow down! A lot of injuries and fatalities are because people simply gain too much speed and lose control. Be sure to maintain a speed that is comfortable and manageable.
3. Dont drink and ski Though it may be tempting, try to avoid that cocktail or beer at lunchtime. Higher altitudes can alter the effects of alcohol. In addition, the alcohol itself can impair ones ability to maintain control, stay alert and think quickly; the very skills needed when on the slopes.
4. Get plenty of rest Skiing and snowboarding can be exhausting. Its crucial to get plenty of rest, both mentally and physically. Studies show that the most likely time for someone to suffer a ski injury is at about 3p on the third day of skiing. This is because thats when muscle fatigue sets in. Be sure to stretch before and after each day of ski activity.
When planning your next ski trip, remember that vacation insurance is a great way to cover trip emergencies, cancelations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble travel protection gives travelers peace of mind, starting at $14 per trip. Visit protectyourbubble.com for a quick quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for todays modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Protect Your Bubble USA
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/1/prweb10327613.htm.