Protect Your Bubble Offers Food Suggestions for Anyone Traveling to New Orleans for Mardi Gras
February 04, 2013 -- !-- AddToAny BEGIN -->
ATLANTA, Ga. (PRWEB) February 04, 2013
One of the greatest things about New Orleans is the cuisine. Food in New Orleans is a way of life and steeped in rich, cultural history. Protect You Bubble, travel protection brand, takes a look at three must-try dishes for anyone traveling to New Orleans.
- THE BEIGNETS The word is pronounced ben-YAY and they are a staple of New Orleans cooking. Brought to the city by the French settlers from French Quebec, the deep fried fritter is a square of dough, fried and covered with powdered sugar. Beignets are sold at the Café Du Monde (café of the world) in any of its eight locations, but for the true experience, go to the French Market. Since 1862, beignets have been cooked and served here 24 hours a day.
- JAMBALAYA Jambalaya was born out of necessity to feed large families with little ingredients and few cooking vessels. Depending on where you are in relation to New Orleans, jambalaya is meat: sausage, chicken or pork; vegetables: the trinity of green pepper, onion and celery, tomatoes, and rice. Cooked in a single pot for anywhere from 20 minutes to an hour, jambalaya can be made to feed a family of four or four hundred.
- SEAFOOD GUMBO New Orleans sits on the mouth of the Mississippi River where it empties into the Gulf of Mexico. Seafood, therefore, is a staple of New Orleans cooking and like the jambalaya, gumbo was born out of necessity to feed large groups with little ingredients. Gumbo requires thickening agents in three distinct types: okra, file powder, ground sassafras leaves the settlers took from the Natives who lived there, or a roux (pronounced roo). A roux is nothing more than flour and fat, normally butter, cooked over medium heat and stirred constantly until the flour browns. The degree of brown, from a blonde to an almost burnt color, on the roux gives the gumbo its distinct flavor.
When planning your next getaway, remember that vacation insurance is a great way to cover trip emergencies, cancelations and interruptions. Protect Your Bubble travel protection gives travelers peace of mind, starting at $14 per trip. Visit protectyourbubble.com for a quick quote.
About Protect Your Bubble
Protect Your Bubble is a specialty insurance brand, offering insurance for gadgets, pets and travel - all for todays modern consumer.
- Travel - Plans provide a variety of coverage for single and multi-trip options including cancellation, interruption, medical/dental, baggage, rental car and much more like 24/7 emergency services including, consult a doctor, roadside assistance, restaurant reservations and even set up tee times through their concierge services.
- Gadget - Smartphone and tablet insurance covers loss, theft and water damage and consumers will receive a replacement device in 24 hours. Home gadget warranties provide coverage for mechanical breakdown and accidental damage for laptops, game consoles and cameras as well as mechanical breakdown for appliances, televisions, desktop computers, home theater systems and more.
- Pet - Plans provide up to 90 percent reimbursement for covered vet charges for eligible accidents, illnesses, hereditary conditions and behavioral treatments and alternative therapies. They allow owners to visit any licensed vet in the country. Additionally, annual deductible options start at $100 which only need to be met once per plan year.
Headquartered in Atlanta, Protect Your Bubble is available online, via mobile app or phone, allowing consumers to understand, buy and, most importantly, protect what enriches their lives. Visit protectyourbubble.com for more information or to get a two-minute quote today.
Protect Your Bubble USA
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/2/prweb10389822.htm.