PowerbyProxi Announces Availability of Evaluation Kits for Integrated Wireless Charging Smartphone Solution
Will demo advanced wireless power solution for smartphones at Mobile World Congress 2013 in Barcelona
February 22, 2013 --
PLEASANTON, Calif., Feb. 22, 2013 /PRNewswire/ --PowerbyProxi, (www.powerbyproxi.com.) developer of the world's most advanced and safest wireless power solutions, today announced availability of evaluation kits for its new integrated wireless charging smartphone solution. PowerbyProxi is the first company in the industry to offer prospective customers an opportunity to evaluate demonstration units. PowerbyProxi will also be participating in Pepcom's MobileFocus Global event, Sunday, February 24th at 7pm in the Palau de Congressos de Catalynya in Barcelona.
PowerbyProxi's loosely-coupled wireless charging solution offers a number of key benefits over other approaches. It has designed a miniature receiver, efficient enough to be integrated into the processor board of a smartphone without causing over-heating, which works with a transmitter to provide complete spatial freedom of positioning on a sleek charging pad. While previous industry designs have resulted in longer charging times than if the device were plugged into a wall socket, PowerbyProxi's solution provides charging at the same speed as wired charging. A demonstration can be viewed here: http://youtu.be/NuLuAVJXJfc. "We are confident that we have produced the most advanced wireless charging system available for smartphones," said Greg Cross, chairman, PowerbyProxi. "We believe that the key benefits of our approach, including spatial freedom and thermal management, are pre-requisites to the future development and wider adoption of wireless power for consumer electronics applications."
In summary, PowerbyProxi's solution comprises:
- The first system capable of being fully integrated into a smartphone: the receiver circuit and coil can fit inside a smartphone alongside other components with no modification to the device itself. No covers, sleeves or additional add-ons
- The only system available that can charge up to three devices simultaneously at full power
- The only wireless charging system that can charge devices at full wired speed offering a charge time equivalent to wired chargers
- Advanced thermal management during charging. PowerbyProxi's system ensures that the main components of the device - the battery, back cover and LCD screen - do not overheat or damage the device when streaming video/music during charging
- The system has built-in foreign object detection so coins, keys, silverware, and other metal objects, do not overheat. Remains at room temperature while on the pad and while other devices are charging
- PowerbyProxi meets all safety (RF exposure) requirements for safe operation of the device
PowerbyProxi is a member of the CEA working group for wireless power standards although the company remains agnostic towards the selection of an ultimate standard and will continue to design and build the most advanced wireless charging solution regardless of which standard is selected.
To inquire about receiving a PowerbyProxi evaluation kit please visit www.powerbyproxi.com to fill out our contact form at the bottom of the page.
PowerbyProxi has developed the world's most advanced and safest wireless power system. We give consumer electronics and industrial product designers the freedom to wirelessly transfer efficient power in the most difficult places: from a miniaturizedreceiverinside a AA battery to a mission critical solution in the demanding and hostile environment of a wind turbine control system. PowerbyProxi has worked with customers on over 50 real world projects and built its deep technical know-how by initially focusing on complex industrial applications. We have also created the first commercial wireless recharging system capable of 3D power transfer, regardless of how the device is positioned in the recharging unit. PowerbyProxi is a spin-out of the University of Auckland's world-leading engineering department and holds an unrivaled patent portfolio with 122 patents issued worldwide. For more information visit: www.powerbyproxi.com.
Copyright 2010 PR Newswire. All Rights Reserved