5 Resolutions for Your Business in 2013
February 11, 2013 --
5 Resolutions for Your Business in 2013
Top Priority for Those Currently Renting Office Space: Seriously Consider Ownership
February 11, 2013 (www.investorideas.com newswire) Almost on a daily basis, news reports detail the marketplace factors that can affect businesses large and small. No matter what the potentially game-changing info coming out of Washington , D.C. , or China , though, there are winning strategies that not only endure but should be part of every workplace's culture, says financial expert and small-business advocate Chris Hurn. "With some merit, analysts are always reviewing contingencies that may change investments by businesses; most recently, the fiscal cliff.' But there are many ways to invest in your own business regardless of the economic climate," says Hurn, author of "The Entrepreneur's Secret to Creating Wealth: How the Smartest Business Owners Build Their Fortunes,"
Hurn reviews the resolutions business owners and entrepreneurs should consider to make 2013 the most positively transformative year:
- Consider buying: After a business has survived three to six years and is stable, commercial property ownership is a natural next step with benefits that new entrepreneurs often overlook, says Hurn, who has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, BloombergBusinessWeek and other financial publications and TV news shows. Ownership is a path to more stability and long-term wealth, and the government program administered by the Small Business Administration SBA 504 offers long-term financing at below-market fixed rates.
- Self-investment: Often in business, one measure of strength reflects your strength of character, so invest in yourself! Identify business books that focus on areas you need to develop or lessons shared by successful business people you admire. Commit to reading at least one per month.
- Company culture: Your company's culture has a lot to do with your success. Come up with three ideas that will improve your company's culture and take action on them. Improved health, the most universal resolution, can have a profoundly positive impact on the workplace, from boosting morale to increasing productivity.
- Refresh/jumpstart marketing: Identify three new marketing initiatives that you can implement on a regular and ongoing basis. Start small and track which ideas seem to have teeth. Remember repetition and consistency are keys here.
- Become an authority in your field: Research publications in your industry and pitch yourself as a media source. This can net you some free PR later in the year. The key is to focus on media outlets become a familiar name so they can turn to you as a reliable source. You have to convince contacts that you know your stuff and that you're available to comment when there's news to report. If you simply don't have time for this, consider investing in a reasonably-priced PR firm.
About Chris Hurn
Chris Hurn is CEO and co-founder of Mercantile Capital Corp. based in Orlando, Fla. MCC has earned numerous accolades and has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times, BloombergBusinessWeek, Inc. magazine, Forbes and SmartMoney, among others. Hurn has been a frequent guest on Fox Business News and PBS. He graduated from Loyola University Chicago with two magna cum laude bachelor's degrees and earned his master's degree from the University of Pennsylvania 's Fels Institute (formerly at the Wharton School of Business). He is also the CEO, chairman and co-founder of an upscale men's barbershop franchise called Kennedy's All-American Barber Club.
If you would like to run the above article, please feel free to do so. I am able to provide images if you would like some to accompany it. If you're interested in interviewing Chris Hurn or having him write an exclusive article for you, let me know and I'll gladly work out details. Lastly, please let me know if you'd be interested in receiving a copy of his book, The Entrepreneur's Secret to Creating Wealth, for possible review.
727-443-7115 ext 207
This news is published on the Investorideas.com Newswire and its syndicated partner network
Get Investorideas.com investor news and stock alerts
Free Sign Up: http://www.investorideas.com/Resources/Newsletter.asp
Disclaimer: The following news is paid for and /or published as information only for our readers.
Investorideas.com is a third party publisher of news and research. Our sites do not make recommendations, but offer information portals to research news, articles, stock lists and recent research. Nothing on our sites should be construed as an offer or solicitation to buy or sell products or securities. This site is currently compensated by featured companies, news submissions and online advertising. If you have any questions regarding information in this press release please contact the company listed in the press release.
Investorideas.com Disclaimer: http://www.investorideas.com/About/Disclaimer.asp
Investorideas.com Disclosure: http://www.investorideas.com/About/News/Clientspecifics.asp
BC Residents and Investor Disclaimer: Effective September 15 2008 - all BC investors should review all OTC and Pink sheet listed companies for adherence in new disclosure filings and filing appropriate documents with Sedar. Read for more info: http://www.bcsc.bc.ca/release.aspx?id=6894
Read more News